Work with the Quality Team
As an early care and education professional, you play a vital role in giving our state's youngest children the best start in life.
The SAL Child Care Connection team of specialists can support your program in pursuing continuous quality improvement efforts that will help you maintain and enhance a high-quality program.
The Quality Team offers FREE services to child care providers to assist with enhancing the quality of the environment, development and learning experienced by the children. Services are tailored to meet your program's specific needs and goals.
Infant Toddler Specialist
The SAL Child Care Connection Infant Toddler Specialist offers training, resources, and support to child care providers that work with children from birth to three years of age.
Services offered by our Infant-Toddler Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Technical assistance via phone, email or on-site
- Consultations, specialized trainings, and educational sessions
- Technical assistance and assessment using the Infant Toddler Environmental Rating Scale (ITERS) and Family Child Care Environment Rating Scale (FCCERS)
- Assistance with developing and implementing program improvement plans
The SAL Child Care Connection Quality Specialist offers support, training, consultation and resources to assist providers in understanding quality recognition and improvement. Technical assistance is also provided regarding participation in ExceleRate™ Illinois in the following ways:
- Guidance through the application process
- Training and technical assistance presentation
- Assistance in understanding and using various assessment tools, including the Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale (ECERS-3), Program Administration Scale (PAS), and Business Administration Scale (BAS)
- Continuous Quality Improvement Plan (CQIP) development and implementation assistance
- Preparation for an Environmental Rating Scale assessment
- Information and resources on best practices in early care and education
- Referrals to other agency and community resources
Contact either the Infant Toddler or Quality Specialist.
Mental Health Consultant
When you have concerns or questions about children’s behavior, social-emotional development and emotional support for those providing care, the Mental Health Consultant for this region can offer a consultation at no charge.
Consultations may include:
- Observation of a child or classroom
- Active listening of provider concerns
- Sharing ideas, information, or resources
- Training and support
- Referral to appropriate resources when needed
Contact Carol M. Tiggelaar, MA, LCPC:
Phone: (309) 687-7930